Why should you eat your food slowly, and how you can do that
According to experts, it is a good idea to slow down while having a meal, so that you can be more mindful of what you eat and to improve digestion.
According to nutritionist Bhakti Kapoor, there are seven things to do in order to slow down; these are:
1. Pause to say a prayer before your meal.
2. Put the cutlery in your non-dominant hand.
3. Place the cutlery down while chewing. 4. When eating a sandwich or a wrap, place it down when chewing.
5. Take slow deep breaths while chewing.
6. Savour the flavour while chewing your
7. Reflect on the blessings your food provides the body.
In the post’s caption, Dr. Kapoor explained
“Our involuntary nervous system is broken up into our sympathetic nervous system (SNS), ‘fight or flight’ system and parasympathetic nervous system (PNS), ‘rest and digest’ system. When we are in a sympathetic or stressed state, most of the blood flow in the body rushes from the GI to the periphery of the body, brain and vision. Digestion halts in the presence of stress, so to have optimal digestion one must be in a parasympathetic ‘rest and digest’ state,”